The 2021 Application Forms will be posted later in the fall of 2020.
Below are last year's forms i.e. 2020
Click on the appropriate button below to access
the 2020 Application Forms
Please note: There are three different sets of forms. The first one is for regular students attending a secondary school, the second is for students at the Learning Centre, and the third one is for mature students (for those who are no longer in school).
Details may be obtained at the Guidance Departments of any one of the three Orillia High Schools, namely Orillia Secondary School, Patrick Fogarty Catholic High School, and Twin Lakes Secondary School as well as the Orillia Alternative School and the Orillia Learning Centre.
We also offer scholarships to Mature Students planning to enter a College or University next fall.
This past June (2020), twenty-five scholarships were awarded in amounts ranging from $450 to $1,100. Scholarship applications were received from the three area high schools, and the Orillia Learning Centre. These young women are planning to continue their education at the college/university level in the fall of 2020. The deserving students met the CFUW Orillia criteria of Academic Ability, Integrity, Love of Learning, Leadership, and School and Community Involvement. We wish these amazing young women every success in the future.
For 2019-2020 we are offering a Scholarship Award based upon a Special Request from a local educational institution.
Scholarship Awards - Special Requests
CFUW is proud to offer the Special Requests Award. The total amount of the scholarship awarded will be $2000 annually. This amount can be divided between more than one individual or group.
When applying for a special request scholarship your submission should meet the following criteria.
1) The request must come from an Educational Institute within Orillia or surrounding area* for a female student or group of students (at least one half female) who has already been vetted by said institution.
2) Give an overview of the project for which you are requesting funds.
3) Clearly state the amount of the scholarship requested and how the money will be utilized.
4) Give an overview of what skills are expected to be gained from the experience that will benefit future schooling and/or employment.
5) On completion of the program, please provide a brief report. Should the purpose of the award be cancelled, the funds should be returned to CFUW Orillia.
6) If the Special Request Scholarship is to be considered for more than one fiscal year (Sept 1-Aug 31) it is necessary to apply each year.
Each submission will be reviewed and assessed by a committee and a scholarship will be awarded if said committee agrees that all criteria have been met and the funds are available. The decision of the committee is final.
The students benefiting from the award may be requested to speak to CFUW Orillia members about their experience.
*The geographic area would be Ramara Township, Chippewas of Rama First Nation, City of Orillia, Severn Township, and a portion of Oro-Medonte from Oro Station north, and west to Coldwater.